Part of our HPC mission is to provide professional and compassionate care for our patients. For us, that care truly is a team effort. Our HPC nursing staff is at the heart of that dedicated care – and an integral component of our home-based treatment.
Compassionate, Knowledgeable Care
HPC prides ourselves in employing experienced, specially trained Registered Nurses (RNs) who are qualified on the specific chronic illnesses that we provide service for. Our nurses also are educated and trained on any special requirements for administering the therapies we dispense. Importantly, HPC does not sub-contract nurses through home health agencies, enabling us to ensure that our staff is highly qualified for meeting our patients’ unique needs. This approach also helps our patients establish and foster long lasting relationships with their nurses, while promoting continuity of care.
Our home-based nursing staff:
- Performs patient screenings and assessments
- Conducts disease-specific assessments based on the prescribed therapy
- Provides medical case management services
- Develops patient-specific nursing and educational plans of care
- Monitors patient therapy compliance
- Provides infusion therapy education
- Offers disease- and age-specific education for patients and/or caregivers
- Furnishes local in-services and assistance (as needed for emergency departments, daycares, schools, etc.)
- Assists with 504/individualized health plans in school systems
- Coordinates care with physicians and treatment centers
Empowering the Patient
In addition to providing specialized home-based nursing care for our patients, our nursing staff is proactive in the coordination of care among the patients’ physicians and HPC Care Teams, and provides patients with important education services. These services collectively have proven to be effective in helping our patients become as independent in their care as possible, promoting a higher quality of life for each one. Our HPC skilled nursing services are available 24 hours per day, 7 days a week in most service areas.